16 February 2010

"Will You Wear the Dress?" Cards

I wanted to send something cute and personal to my bridal party members. I loved the idea of being formally invited to participate in a wedding by receiving a letter or card in the mail. One of my girlfriends sent me one when she got married and I thought it was just so sweet and touching and personal. And being a DIY bride, I felt it was the perfect project to tackle on my own.

I knew I wanted to have my bridal party wear black tea-length dresses, so I found some cute pictures online to use in my card. Then I found a different dress that represented the different bridal party roles (ie., bridesmaid, junior bridesmaid, and flower girl). Using powerpoint, I inserted the pictures and other decorative touches, and created the wording for the card. I put two cards to a sheet, and used a paper cutter to cut the pages in half. For return address labels, I used regular Avery labels. In Microsoft Word, I designed the labels using the same artwork from the card on the labels. Here are some pictures of the finished products.

I used a black envelope and a silver, metallic gel ink pen to write the address on the front of the envelope. I just loved creating something personal using materials that I pretty much had on hand. And even more, I loved the reactions that I got from my bridal party members when they got their cards in the mail.

{ Junior Bridesmaid Card }


{ Flower Girl Card }


{ Bridesmaid Card }


0 comments:

Post a Comment