13 August 2009

Inspiration Everywhere

Well since I'm pretty sure I'm having an all-out wedding complete with rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, dj, liquor, and all that...I guess it's time to start giving some thought to colors, dresses, themes, etc. I know that blue is Duglas's favorite color, and since I'm often accused of being bossy and disregarding his opinions, I'm bound and determined to incorporate blue into the theme.

...flowers on the street...


I'll be honest...I'm not a humungous fan of blue. So finding the right shade will be a task. But I decided that I like baby blue / Tiffany blue as a wedding color and could build a theme around that color. I also saw a wedding somewhere...need to find where...and the men in the wedding had on heather gray suits. And now I need an accent color to fem this palette up. I laughed a big laugh when my sister-in-law-to-be suggested purple because it's her favorite color. But after giving it some thought...I realized that purple / fuschia is actually the perfect accent color.

As I look around for ideas, surf the net, look at color combinations of strangers walking down the street, I think about different ways to execute this color scheme. Here are a few things that have inspired me in the last few days.

...wedding at one of the venues that I'm considering...


...purple bouquet...


...flowers on the street...



...groomsmen in grey suits...





0 comments:

Post a Comment